Send test failures to your JIRA projects
Rainforest supports integrating with on-premise or cloud-based JIRA for manual or automatic error reporting. You can create tickets rich in information about the test failure including tester logs, comments screenshots and the test result in Rainforest, and put them into sprints so they get fixed as part of your existing software development process.
How it works
With automatic error reporting, Rainforest will automatically create an issue/ticket in JIRA when a run fails. If you want to only send failures your team decides are bugs, click to select “Enable manual error reporting".
Automatic error reporting
When a test fails, Rainforest will create a unique JIRA ticket, one for each failed platform associated with the execution of that test case. The title is always in the format [your project key]-number". For example, if Rainforest is RFT ours would be RFT-4, RFT-5.
The issue will automatically receive a label like "RfTest[test number]" (see screenshot). The test number used to create the label is related to test number in Rainforest.
If the test fails multiple times while the issue is open, no new issue/ticket will be created. Once it is closed, any new failures for that test will create a new issue.
If you are interested in integrating JIRA, follow the instructions here: configuring your JIRA integration.
Error codes when manually exporting to JIRA
- Code 400: Generic error code. Could be due to a variety of factors:
- JIRA instance is missing required fields
- JIRA ticket contains invalid field values
- JIRA project contains fields that cannot be set for the issue type
- JIRA ticket is being created by a user who does not have the necessary permissions
- JIRA is unable to create a subtype in a project different that of the the parent issue
- JIRA is trying to create a sub-task when the option to create sub-tasks is disabled
- Code 401: Authentication error
- Code 5##: Unexpected server error. Try again later or contact support to diagnose
For more information on JIRA's error codes, click here to view Atlassian's API Docs.