This document walks through step-by-step instructions to set up your JIRA integration.
Set up JIRA fields
In order to properly post issues to JIRA, the following fields must be enabled for your desired project:
- Issue Type
- Summary Description
In addition, any fields other than those above can not be configured as required fields.
Set up a Rainforest Application Link
To set up Rainforest as an Application Link you will need JIRA admin access for the menu below to appear and to use it. If you do not see Application Links in your JIRA instance, contact your JIRA admin.
12. Go to your Rainforest Settings > Integrations Page and start a new Test Failure integration
14. Enter the URL to your JIRA project
- Click 'Enable manual error reporting' to enable manually submitting errors to JIRA when viewed in the Rainforest UI (https://help.rainforestqa.com/developer-tools/integrations/jira-export-button)
- The URL you input for the "Oauth Server URL" is often the same URL as the one you input for "URL to your JIRA integration"
- For the "Request Token Path", "Authorization" Path and "Access Token" Path fields, input the path only; you do not need to include a full URL.
- If you have questions, please reach out to email@example.com