Seamlessly integrate Rainforest into a developer's daily workflow
Rainforest's Developer Experience (DevX) allows your technical team to write Rainforest tests within their text editor, preventing any disruption to their workflow.
This video and document will walk you through step-by-step setup and usage of DevX.
Reasons the Dev Experience is Awesome
- Fits developers existing workflow
- Seamless experience for rest of team (tests are in Rainforest too)
- Tests in the same place as/side-by-side with the code being tested.
Diagram of how the Dev Experience fits in typical git-workflow
How to install rainforest-cli
If you're on a Mac and use brew, you may run:
brew install rainforestapp/public/rainforest-cli
Otherwise, you can directly download and install the rainforest-cli.
The Developer Experience is Open Source (public repository on Github)
- Please contribute/fork if you’d like to see new features or fix any functionality
File format is .rfml
- RFML are text files that can be changed and saved with any text editor.
- Can be tracked with any version control software
Can be included in any automated scripts during release process
Written in Go
- If you don’t want to use Go, you can import tests to the API with JSON